3.21.2011

French Farm Table Inspiration

I have to admit that there are a few things that probably should be getting my attention in this house but I really want a new dining table.  What I'm looking for is the perfect rustic{ish}, french farm table.  I love the look of something that has been loved and used - and that my progressively kid friendly home can absorb.  I have been stalking several tables on craigslist and they're easy enough to find... the main cost will be getting the chairs.  My other option is to add one more project to my love's list and have him build one for me {enter: trip to the Rebuilding Center!} but I can't decide if I want something quite that rustic.  Plus, I've got little fingers to consider and splinters suck.

Here's what I'm loving....


{this one's build-able and the chairs would be super cheap}

{I do have a pair of wingback chairs in the garage waiting to be recovered and I could use those, but not quite sure that my dining room is big enough...}

 {love the idea of ottomans!}


{ala Jenna Lyons so naturally I'm envious of her classic rustic meets modern look... not so sure I can pull it off so I would have to modify a bit}

{again, Jenna jealousy}

{this is the only round table that I'm drawn to and I'm pretty sure it's only because these are the chairs that I'm yearning for}

{the mixed chairs are cool... but am I that cool?}

{chunky table with marble top!}

{slim, feminine, French table with simple slip covered chairs are perfect because I love white but need things to be washable}

(not my color palette in general but I loved the reclaimed look}

{sigh... this is my dream chair and World Market just got in a replica of this table... hmmm...}


No comments: