3.02.2011

Feathering the Nest Baby Shower

Ok, this isn't exactly recent but today is frigid and I needed a warm thoughts so I got to thinking about one of my favorite days from last summer.  Here are a few pics of Paley's August shower... I am so lucky to have had such a beautiful party to welcome our Paley girl.


The theme was "Let's feather their nest" and Chris designed the invites which we printed laboriously at his office one Saturday morning.  It was such a chore but I love how they turned out... and that Chris made them!


{so hard to believe my belly was that big... and that I lasted another 4 weeks!}


The flowers I chose were creamy hydrangea in ivory, celery and celadon in birch containers. Because temps were expected to reach the mid 90's we ended up adding a large silk umbrella {which was blazing orange} to the outdoor meal area - which meant that we had to add accents of burnt orange to the flowers.  I was skeptical, but loved the end result!


I found these bird cages I in storage at work and decided to add the real ostrich egg on a bed of hydrangea that we picked from my mom's yard that morning.


We also found these little nuggets of moss lying around and decided to incorporate them to tie the formal place setting in with the nesting/foresty look.  We pinned a place cards to the top of each.



Is your mouth watering yet?  This summer I'm looking forward to indulging in this same punch - except this time Kristi & I will spike it and drink it while lying on the dock in bikinis!



 The umbrella really did come in handy... thanks for convincing me Kristi!




One of the most precious gifts the I {we} got was a quilt that bestie handmade for P.  I still can't get over it!


Yes, this yummy summer day of baby indulgence ended in pedi's for the preggo's {Jaimee Jill, Kristi, and I}.  All of us have since had our little ones and I'm pretty sure we're due for another pedi!

Anyhow, thanks for letting me reminisce.  It is frigid cold today and thinking of this wonderful, warm, summer day has me dreaming of days to come...

No comments: