4.01.2011

Pink Bathroom Inspiration

This week I brought home some amazing cherry blossoms along with some ballet pink tulips for our new dining room table.  I'm not normally the type to use pink as a neutral {which is what I tend to use when choosing colors for our home}but having these two subtle bits of blush has me dreaming of a pink bathroom!  In no way am I going for a bubble gum look - the MO here is "so pale is it really pink?"....  I think the tiny accent will go swimmingly with the carrera marble topped cabinet that we bought a few years ago. Keep in mind that our bathroom is original to our 1930's cottage so it's much smaller than my inspirations but because of the neutrality of the overall look, I don't feel like it needs a large space necessarily.  Here are the elements... 
 
{As a rule, we only use white towels because I'm obsessed with the magic of bleach and sometimes I get carried away...}

{One of the things I love about our bathroom is the classic black and white "beehive" tiles with black grout - yay for not having to scrub with a toothbrush! - plus it lends the tiny space instant character}

{A few years ago we purchased a small scaled, powder room bench and matching pedestal table with a carrera marble top... they fit perfectly and provide much needed storage!}

{Martha Stewart: Sea Salt Pink}


{here is part of my initial inspiration - if you live in the NW right now you know how intoxicating these gorgeous branches are!}

{blushing pink tulips are gracing our dining table this very second...}

{oooolalalala... a chrome tub... pretty sure a tub like this is the reason some people have phones and/or televisions in their bathroom... you'd never get me out of this!}

{a flip-flopped version of my color scheme but I still love the marble and hints of pink}

{this is a good example of the SUBTLETY I'm looking for in pink walls... can you see it?} 

{pink + carera marble = love}

{whispering pink!}

Tomorrow we're off bright and early to the Douglas hacienda so that Chris can help Neal build a deck and Kristi and I can take the girls on a jaunt to West Elm.  I'm hoping to be able to paint on Sunday when Chris has to go into the office for a bit... let's hope P takes a long nap!  I'll post pics when it's all done - along with pics of the new dining room table and chairs.  Happy Weekend!



No comments: