4.03.2011

West Elm Dining Inspiration for the Bestie

Today was spent as any good Saturday should be - with good friends and lots of shopping!  This time it wasn't for me {as a matter of fact I didn't event have a single card on me!}... it was for my bestie, and I tagged along as she searched for a little spring newness.  After a few kiddo pit-stops, we landed at West Elm and did our damage.  She was in luck because not only were they having a SALE but they also price matched some items that she bought a few weeks ago!  This meant that we bought things and she still came out with cash back - lucky duck!

Once we unpacked everything at home we realized that there were still some important things missing {aka. an actual statement piece} so we headed to IKEA.  There we purchased 5 large 20x20" Ribba frames in aluminum to create a statement wall, gallery style down her very long entry hall.  All in all it was a pretty productive day but I know there is still so much she wants to do... 

So now I'm at home and thinking of everything that can still be done.  If only my little pot of gold would show up and my "window shopping" could become a delivery truck and installation men!  Here's what I came up with for her dining room:

{Kristi has been in love with this chandelier for months! This has to be her next purchase}

{white dishes because, well, they're pretty}

{I love this rug, it's WE from 3 years ago but the color reminds me of Kristi!}

{Ribba frames that we picked up from IKEA}


{I love this dining table from IKEA, it's very WE but waaaaay cheaper}

{This is my first choice of chairs but not sure what upholstery would look like with 2 kids under 3}

{metal chairs are soooo cool and seriously indestructible}


{I love these cool basket/plates because 1. they're not traditional and 2. they remind me of a trip to Africa that Kristi and her hub took a few years ago}

Just FYI, Kristi is evolving from a country, shabby chic look to a much more modern, clean line look that still has comfort and coziness without all the kitchy.  Her hub's also in medical school and between 2 kids and an extended maternity leave, she's on a budget {as are we all} so this will be a fun work in progress and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

No comments: